Re: "private" installation of postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "private" installation of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
>   On 09/07/10 5:24 PM, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure the socket directory is hard coded in the source, I
>>> don't think you can override it even with ./configure

>> postgresql.conf:
>> unix_socket_directory = '/var/run/postgresql'

> for some reason, I'm remembering that last time I looked, there were
> places where this value wasn't being used.

The client side is obviously not going to know what is in the server's
config file, so you're going to have to specify that path every time you
connect.  Depending on what you are doing, you might want to build a
version of libpq that defaults to assuming the nondefault socket
location rather than /tmp.  If so, edit DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR in
src/include/pg_config_manual.h.

Personally, though, I think it's easier to change the default port
number and not worry about sharing /tmp.  Changing the port is a good
idea anyway to avoid any possible conflicts on shared memory IDs.

Сообщение: Re: "private" installation of postgres
Сообщение: Re: "private" installation of postgres