AW: Encryption in pg_dump

От Dischner, Anton
Тема AW: Encryption in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi, Vinod,

so did you find a solution?

If yes, please share,

best,

Anton

Von: vinod kale <vinod16895@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020 07:30
An: Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: Encryption in pg_dump

Actually our requirement is neither any of the data in readable format on server. I searched too regarding this. Also i didnt find any option for encryption while pg_dump.

I agree with you Paul. But i just need to confirm with community, so i raised.

And in past few days i googled so many on other issues and finally i get the answer from community only.

So... Thanks for your valuable time.

--

Thanks and Regards

Vinod Kale

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, 10:40 Paul Förster, <paul.foerster@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

> On 22. Jul, 2020, at 20:55, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know why we are getting so many requests for encrypting
> dumps all of a sudden?

probably because a) people don't read past posts and b) more and more IT heads decide that *everything*, be it internal to the company or not, has to be encrypted.

Cheers,
Paul