Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This doesn't look good.  If we throw a WARNING, why do we not insert
> anything into pg_description.  Seems we should throw an error, or do the
> insert with a warning.

Throwing an error breaks existing pg_dump files.  Doing the insertion is
simply wrong: it will allow the former breakage to be perpetuated
forward by dump/reload.  Thus the current behavior is an unfortunate but
necessary compromise ... at least until we have better support for
comments on databases.