Re: Use simplehash.h instead of dynahash in SMgr

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Use simplehash.h instead of dynahash in SMgr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:15 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've come up with a new hash table implementation that I've called
>> generichash.

> At the risk of kibitzing the least-important detail of this proposal,
> I'm not very happy with the names of our hash implementations.

I kind of wonder if we really need four different hash table
implementations (this being the third "generic" one, plus hash join
has its own, and I may have forgotten others).  Should we instead
think about revising simplehash to gain the benefits of this patch?