Re: Add version macro to libpq-fe.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add version macro to libpq-fe.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What will prevent us from forgetting to do something about this again,
> a year from now?

As long as we notice it before 15.0, we can fix it retroactively,
as we just did for 14.  For that matter, fixing before 15.1 or
so would likely be Good Enough.

But realistically, how is this any worse of a problem than a hundred
other easily-forgotten coding rules we have?  We manage to uphold
most of them most of the time.