Re: "make check" failed on 8.4.2 install

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "make check" failed on 8.4.2 install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
adam_pgsql <adam_pgsql@witneyweb.org> writes:
> On 23 Feb 2010, at 17:41, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That's very peculiar.  It looks more like dynamic linker breakage than
>> Postgres' fault, though.  What platform is this (no, the kernel version
>> doesn't do it for me)?  What have you changed since you last built
>> Postgres successfully?

> This is Debian 4.0. I haven't changed anything on that box recently. My current working version is 8.2.12.

> As a test I just successfully ran configure, make and make check for 8.3.8. But both a fresh tarball for 8.4.1 and
8.4.2fail with the same error.

Hmph.  We have several debian boxes in the buildfarm and none of them
have ever showed a failure like this AFAIR:
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

What I'd suggest is taking a close look at the link commands that build
libpq.so and pg_ctl.  Compare the 8.3 and 8.4 cases on your box, and
also look at the make logs from the Debian buildfarm animals, to see if
you can see what's being done differently.

BTW, so far as I can tell in a quick look at the sources, the only
explicit call of dlopen() anywhere in Postgres is in the backend,
not in either pg_ctl or libpq.  So you're definitely dealing with a
dynamic linker foulup, not a real missing reference.