Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Дата
Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
>> However, HS is already in the tree, and HS without SR is a whole lot
>> less compelling than HS with SR.  So it's going to be pretty
>> unsatisfying if we can't get SR in there.

> I don't think that's the case. Having HS alone would be a huge win,
> and the sooner we can get it out there the better. Those that are
> waiting for SR might have to wait one more version, but my intuition
> tells me that's a small minority compared to those waiting for HS.

No, I don't think so.  HS without SR means you still have to fool with
setting up WAL-file-based replication, which despite the existence of
pg_standby is a PITA.  And you have to make a tradeoff of how often to
flush WAL files to the standby.  To be a real candidate for "it just
works" replication, we've *got* to have SR.

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling