Re: n_live_tup number double after migration do PG 10.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: n_live_tup number double after migration do PG 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Keith <keith@keithf4.com> writes:
> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Mai Peng <maily.peng@webedia-group.com>
> wrote:
>> After the migration to pg 10 by pg_upgrade and vacuumdb, I’ve seen the
>> number of live tuple double and performance decreases on few queries.

> The value stored in n_liv_tup is the value seen when the last analyze was
> run on the table.

No, you're confusing this with pg_class.reltuples.  I think the OP is
talking about pg_stat counters such as pg_stat_all_tables.n_live_tup.
Those should update after every transaction, although there are various
reasons why they might be inaccurate.

The OP hasn't given us nearly enough information to speculate usefully
on what he's seeing.  I'd suggest reading

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems