Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>> 3.2.23 was a LONG time ago. One thing I like about mysql is that they are
>> constantly making major improvements.

> What?? What "major" improvements?  They haven't had a major improvement for
> years!  Their roadmap has had "foreign key support" on it back when I first
> started using it 5 years ago!!!
> In that same time, PostgreSQL has added:
> [long list]

I think a few of these were there more than five years ago.  But yeah,
the notion that PG isn't "constantly making major improvements" is
laughable.

I'd be interested to see an unbiased comparison of how much each project
has gotten done in the last several years.  I'm certainly not qualified
to say what MySQL has gotten done ...

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread