Re: transaction status error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: transaction status error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mark Steben" <msteben@autorevenue.com> writes:
> Hi, I'm running 7.4.5 on a secondary remote database

That release is nearly four years old...

> A little later when I attempted to vacuum template0 I get the following
> error:
>   ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 2065424697

The 7.4.6 release notes mention something about

    Repair possible failure to update hint bits on disk

    Under rare circumstances this oversight could lead to "could not
    access transaction status" failures, which qualifies it as a
    potential-data-loss bug.

That was sufficiently long ago that I don't recall how rare the "rare
circumstances" might be.  But you aren't going to rouse any interest
in investigating bugs in such an ancient release.  If you care about
your data, you are supposed to keep up on minor releases.