Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared with Woody

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared with Woody
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pi=F1eiro?= <apinheiro@igalia.com> writes:
>    * About Postgre version: you advice me to upgrade from 7.4.7 (postgre
> version at sarge) to 8.2. Well, I don't want to be a troll, but I
> upgrade from 7.2.1 (woody) to 7.4.7 and I get worse, do you really think
> that upgrade to 8.1 will solve something?

If you really want informed answers rather than speculation, show us
EXPLAIN ANALYZE reports for the problem query on both machines.
I don't offhand know why 7.4 would be slower, but I speculate
that it's picking a worse plan for some reason.