Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared with Woody

От Piñeiro
Тема Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared with Woody
Дата
Re: Performance problem with Sarge compared with Woody
Список pgsql-performance
El lun, 11-09-2006 a las 17:07 -0500, Scott Marlowe escribió:

> Also also, you should be running at LEAST 7.4.13, the latest release of
> 7.4.  It's possible there's a fix between 7.4.7 and 7.4.13 that fixes
> your problem.  Doubt it, but it could be.  However, the more important
> point is that there are REAL data eating bugs in 7.4.7 that may take a
> bite out of your data.
First, thanks for all your answers.

About your comments:
   * Yes, i have executed VACUUM FULL ANALYZE VERBOSE after the dump,
and after all my tries to solve this.

   * About another ERP: this ERP is one developed by us, we are
developing the next version, but until this is finished we need to
maintain the old one, with all his problems (as the "montrous" selects).

   * About Postgre version: you advice me to upgrade from 7.4.7 (postgre
version at sarge) to 8.2. Well, I don't want to be a troll, but I
upgrade from 7.2.1 (woody) to 7.4.7 and I get worse, do you really think
that upgrade to 8.1 will solve something?

About the indices:
  I comment previously that I think that the problem could be at the
indices. Well, at the woody postgre version we add all the indices by
hand, including the primary key index. The dump takes all these and
inserts at the sarge version, but sarge inserts an implicit index using
the primary key, so at the sarge version we have duplicate indices.
There are any difference between 7.2.1 and 7.4.2 versions about this?
With the 7.4.2 there are more indices, or there was duplicated indices
with the woody version too?
(before you comment this: yes I try to remove the duplicate indices to
check if this was the problem)

--
Piñeiro <apinheiro@igalia.com>