Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/7/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2009/7/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> If we're going to go for reentrancy
>>> I think we should fix both components.
>
>> when we don't use reentrant grammar, then we cannot use main sql parser in SQL?
>
> It wouldn't be a problem for the immediate application I have in mind,
> which is to re-use the core lexer in plpgsql.  But it does seem like
> it might be a problem down the road as plpgsql gets smarter.

it's bad. I thing so integration main parser into plpgsql should be
the most important feature of plpgsql from trapping exception time. I
have to ask - we need it necessary reetrant grammer? We need
integration only in complilation time - for CREATE FUNCTION statement.
Can be nonreetrant grammer problem (but we have to store some info
from validation time somewhere - maybe in probin column) ?