Re: Patch for 8.5, transformationHook

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Patch for 8.5, transformationHook
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/4/11 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> I am sending small patch, that allows hooking transformation stage of parser.
>
> Isn't this the exact same patch we rejected several months ago?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

What I remember, You had some objections about different behave before
and after loading an library.

In this time I hadn't good arguments, and my proposal was using GUC.
What is maybe wrong.  I thing, I found better solution.

We found, so isn't possible raise exception in _PG_init function. But
I can raise warning when library will be loaded in normal runtime. And
I can raise warning (or exception) when every function from library is
called. When library is loaded from configuration
(share_preloaded_libraries), then PostgreSQL's behave will be stable.
So I am able to ensure, so anybody doesn't forgot load any library
based on transformatio hook.

regards
Pavel Stehule