Re: Crash in gist insertion on pathological box data

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Crash in gist insertion on pathological box data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 06 April 2009 04:29:02 Tom Lane wrote:
> The only question I have is whether we want this nag message or not:
>
> !         ereport(LOG,
> !                 (errcode(ERRCODE_INTERNAL_ERROR),
> !                  errmsg("Picksplit method for %d column of index \"%s\"
> failed", !                         attno+1, RelationGetRelationName(r)),
> !                  errhint("Index is not optimal, to optimize it contact
> developer or try to use the column as a second one in create index
> command")));
>
> I'd be inclined to keep it but reduce it to level DEBUG1 or so.

If it is supposed to be DEBUG1, would you mind if I convert it to an elog so
it doesn't appear in the translation roster?

Not sure how many responses you will get if you hide the message like that.
Probably almost anyone would not turn on DEBUG1 unless asked by a developer in
the first place.

Сообщение: Re: Patch for 8.5, transformationHook
Сообщение: Re: Patch for 8.5, transformationHook