Re: WITH RECURSIVE ... simplified syntax?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: WITH RECURSIVE ... simplified syntax?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

2008/10/9 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> All,
>
> I was discussing WITH RECURSIVE the other day, and realized that one thing
> which we're not getting with this patch is a simplest-case simple syntax
> which 75% of users are looking for.  You know, the ones with simple
> proximity trees who just want to find all children of one parent.

I thing so it's bad understanding of new syntax. It's really power and
easy, but it minimally needs look to manual. I am against to add some
non standard syntax, when we have standard.

regards
Pavel Stehule

p.s. CONNECT by should help to people with migration of older
application from DB2 or Oracle