Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2008/5/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2008/5/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> It would get less annoying if we allowed user-declared exception names.
>
>> Tom, it's exactly like my patch that you rejected two years ago.
>
> Uh, no, not "exactly like" --- that patch doesn't have anything to do
> with the SQL/PSM syntax, and not much with the SQL/PSM semantics.
> As I read the spec, a condition name isn't a variable and so you can't
> do runtime assignment to it (and unlike Neil, I don't think you should
> be able to do so).

In plpgsql I prefer PL/SQL syntax. Mix SQL/PSM and PL/SQL will be
mismas. But I like idea, so you can set dynamically SQLSTATE and other
params - because you can write own wrapper for RAISE statement. It's
can be usable for centralized  exception management. I can do it in C,
but there are lot of users, that could use only plpgsql.

Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension