Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Дата
Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm probably in the minority, but I care more about SQL/PSM
> compatibility than Oracle compatibility.

Well, a different line of attack would be to leave RAISE as-is and adopt
the SQL/PSM syntax for a modernized command.  What I'm seeing in Part 4
is
        <condition name> ::=             <identifier>
        <sqlstate value> ::=             SQLSTATE [ VALUE ] <character string literal>
        <set signal information> ::=             SET <signal information item list>
}...]

specification>

If we're willing to invent Postgres-specific <condition information item
names> for MESSAGE, DETAIL, etc, then this is just about isomorphic to
the proposed RAISE syntax, except that if you want an elog level other
than ERROR you'd have to specify it as an item in the SET-list.

BTW, the spec also uses <condition name> and <sqlstate value> as above
in handler declarations, so it looks like both Pavel and I got it wrong
about how to extend the EXCEPTION syntax: it should be SQLSTATE [VALUE] 'xxxxx'

Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension