Re: dynamic procedure call

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: dynamic procedure call
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2008/5/9 tekwiz <ryoung@medicalpharmacies.com>:
> How do I code PL/pgSQL to select a procedure name from a table and
> then execute it from within another procedure and pass that procedure
> a particular ROWTYPE and return a ROWTYPE?

you can use EXECUTE statement. But you have to be careful when these
functions will returns different types. Then you have to have in your
application different execution paths. Generally I can say, so plpgsql
isn't well language for this games, and better is using plperl,
plpython or other external language.

Pavel