Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> A. I could give flying donkey butt about being the Oracle-Compatible
> community.
>
> B. That "SWITCH" may be an alternate syntax because 15 years ago when I
> took a CS class and I did one chapter of C they had a SWITCH statement
> that resembles CASE.

Primary goal is ANSI SQL conformance (for me). Current PL/pgSQL isn't
compatible and it will not be compatible in future (we have different
implementation of SRF and really specific implementation of OUT
parameters). But why artificially create bigger dif between PL/pgSQL
and PL/SQL?

I am sorry, I can't to speak in English gently (because my English is
all else than English), and some my notes are maybe too much hard.

Pavel

> Please continue on.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> - --
> The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997, http://www.commandprompt.com/
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'

Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE