Re: pgaccess: russian fonts && SQL window???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgaccess: russian fonts && SQL window???
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
tolik@aaanet.ru (Anatoly K. Lasareff) writes:
> Two questions about pgaccess. I use tkl/Tk 8.2, Postgresql 7.1,
> FreeBSD 4.0 .

> 1. I cannot view russian text in russian when I use pgaccess. I set all
> the fonts in 'Preferences' to
> -cronyx-helvetica-*-*-*-*-17-*-*-*-*-*-koi8-* , but don't see russian
> letters in 'tables' and others windows. The texts are really in
> russian, DBENCODING is KOI8.

Hm.  We've had a couple of reports recently that suggest that there's
a character-set-translation problem between Postgres and recent Tcl/Tk
releases --- which seems to describe your problem as well.  I have an
unproven suspicion that this is related to Tcl's changeover to UTF-8
internal representation, because the reports have all come from people
running Tcl 8.2 or later.  But no one's done the work yet to understand
the problem in detail or propose a fix.  Want to dig into it?