Re: CRCs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CRCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> AFAICS, disk-block CRCs do not guard against mishaps involving intended
>> writes.  They will help guard against data corruption that might creep
>> in due to outside factors, however.

> Right.

Given that we seem to have agreed on that, I withdraw my complaint about
disk-block-CRC not being in there for 7.1.  I think we are still a ways
away from the point where externally-induced corruption is a major share
of our failure rate ;-).  7.2 or so will be time enough to add this
feature, and I'd really rather not force another initdb for 7.1.