Re: Datum should be defined outside postgres.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Datum should be defined outside postgres.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> I fixed it for zic, but problem with ecpg is that it includes
> nodes/primnodes.h and it requires Datum type definition which is defined
> in postgres.h. :(

Why in the world is ecpg including either primnodes.h or postgres.h?

> By my opinion Datum should be defined in separate file and all headers
> which use this type should include it. (this is problem on many places
> with another types). Another question is why ecpg needs it?

Datum is a type that no frontend code has any business dealing in;
and the same goes for everything in primnodes.h.

I'd suggest trying to fix ecpg to not depend on backend-only include
files...