Re: Possible solution for LIKE optimization

От Giles Lean
Тема Re: Possible solution for LIKE optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ I realise the discussion has left strxfrm(), but for the archives if nothing else ... ]

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> We'd need to implement the strxfrm() function in SQL and the $<=$
> operator, both of which are trivial.  The index would have to be in terms
> of strxfrm().  There might be other issues, but they could be solved
> algorithmically, I suppose.

Implementations of strxfrm() that I've looked at have had result data
that is three or four times larger than then input string -- quite a
penalty in some situations.

Regards,

Giles