Re: pg_toast

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_toast
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mike angelo <angelocmp@yahoo.com> writes:
> Reindexing produced no reduction in size of the table in question, and a VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE pg_toast_293523
producedthe message:

> ��� skipping "pg_toast_293523" --- cannot vacuum indexes, views, or special system tables.

Issue the vacuum against the owning table instead.  (If you're not sure
which that is, joining pg_class.reltoastrelid to pg_class.oid will
help.)

In general it sounds like you need to crank up the aggressiveness of
autovacuum, and perhaps look at whether your application is doing
useless updates on very wide fields.