Re: Abnormally high memory usage/OOM triggered

От Davlet Panech
Тема Re: Abnormally high memory usage/OOM triggered
Дата
Re: Abnormally high memory usage/OOM triggered
Re: Abnormally high memory usage/OOM triggered
Список pgsql-admin
On 1/17/2018 5:57 PM, scott ribe wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Davlet Panech <dpanech@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does my configuration look reasonable? I just don't understand how it could possibly use up 19 GB of memory based on
theconfiguration below. Is there a memory leak in there somewhere?

> It does seem awfully high, but... An update can involve a join across multiple tables. Or an update can run a trigger
whichcan cascade. Either of those could result in an "accidental cross product" join, which can always blow up memory.

There must be a way to put an upper limit on memory even for such cases.
I was under the impression that parameters such as "work_mem" serve that
purpose, is that not the case? So an "accidental cross product" join's
memory usage is unbounded? It can't be... could somebody confirm this
please?

Thanks,
D.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Issue with grant & revoke
От: scott ribe
Сообщение: Re: Abnormally high memory usage/OOM triggered