Re: track_planning causing performance regression

От Hamid Akhtar
Тема Re: track_planning causing performance regression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Implements feature:       not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Overall, the patch works fine. However, I have a few observations:

(1) Code Comments:
- The code comments should be added for the 2 new macros, in particular for PGSS_NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS. As you explained
inyour email, this may be used to limit the number of locks if a very large value for pgss_max is specified.

- From the code I inferred that the number of locks can in future be less than pgss_max (per your email where in future
thismacro could be used to limit the number of locks). I suggest to perhaps add some notes helping future changes in
thiscode area.

(2) It seems like that "pgss->lock = &(pgss->base + pgss_max)->lock;" statement should not use pgss_max directly and
insteaduse PGSS_NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS macro, as when a limit is imposed on number of locks, this statement will cause an
overrun.

--
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
ADDR: 10318 WHALLEY BLVD, Surrey, BC

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author