Re: Why was anoncvs taken offline, exactly?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why was anoncvs taken offline, exactly?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of lun nov 22 13:29:34 -0300 2010:
>> We have nearly ten years of pgsql-committers archives that are now next
>> door to useless, because the anoncvs diff links in them are now 404.
>> Could we have that service back please?

> I wonder if we could handle this in the longer term so that the URL for
> each pg-committers message takes you to the gitweb page for that commit.
> Probably too much work for not enough gain, I guess.

Yeah, probably.  Another difficulty is that our own archives are not the
only places those messages are archived.

It occurred to me that instead of an actual CVS server, we could
possibly have a simple redirector at anoncvs.postgresql.org, which would
redirect the diff links to suitable views into the gitweb.  But it's
still a lot of work compared to just keeping the old server alive.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Why was anoncvs taken offline, exactly?
Сообщение: Re: Why was anoncvs taken offline, exactly?