Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Vitaly Belman, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Matthew Nuzum", )
    Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Greg Stark, )
     Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Matthew Nuzum, )
      Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Shachar Shemesh, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Jan Wieck, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Leeuw van der, Tim", )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Gary Doades", )

Matthew Nuzum <> writes:
> I'd like some input on a more demanding test though, because these tests
> run so quickly I can't help but be suspicious of their accuracy.

So increase the number of transactions tested (-t switch to pgbench).

Be aware also that you really want -s (database size scale factor) to
exceed -c (number of concurrent clients) for meaningful results.