Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 06:26:49PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
>> The attached patch is Tom's patch from this thread from March last
>> year minus his regression test changes plus my join surcharge stuff.
>> This is just intended as a topic of conversation at the moment and
>> does not make any adjustments to the expected test outputs.

> So, this patch has been moved across 7 successive CFs already.  Tom,
> you are registered as a reviewer of this patch.  Do we have any plans
> to move this forward?  Or, as this thread is now idle for months,
> should it be just RwF or such?

Well, there's a real problem here, but the patch is not pretending
to be committable -- as David says, it's more a starting point for
investigation.  It's fair to say that this isn't the sort of material
that should be on the CF list.  We don't have a good way to keep
track of "problems that should be investigated" :-(

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5