Re: 7.3 -> pg_atoi: zero-length string

От Lee Kindness
Тема Re: 7.3 -> pg_atoi: zero-length string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Was it necessary? No idea, you're welcome to search through the
pgsql-hackers archives to determine the reasoning behind the change. I
believe the change was made by Bruce Momjian (going by the release
notes). I only remember reading the discussion in passing.

This is also one of the reasons for beta releases - to allow people to
test against the new version and pick up these sort of things. Either
this gives them/you time to make changes, or to lobby to get the old
behaviour back.

If I were in your situation i'd probably hack back the old behaviour
to 7.3, compile and run that while changes were made. Or stick with
7.2.x until changes were made to your applications, have you got a
'big carrot' for going with 7.3?

Lee.