Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> What is adding Perl in practice?

> For one thing, a moving target.

Well, if we were that afraid of Perl version discrepancies, we shouldn't
be using it at all anywhere.  My point was just that we should not add
a new build tool dependency without a darn good reason; and something
you can easily do in sed doesn't qualify as a darn good reason.