Re: create_help.pl treats as replaceable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: create_help.pl treats as replaceable
Дата
Re: create_help.pl treats as replaceable  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I found it annoying that sql_help.c contains a literal parameter as a
> translatable string.

> The cause is that create_help.pl treats <literal>match</> as a
> replaceable. The attached excludes literals from translatable strings.

> By a quick look it seems to me that the "match" in "COPY.. HEADER
> match" is the first and only instance of a literal parameter as of
> PG15.

Isn't that a documentation bug rather than a problem with create_help?
I see what you're talking about:

    HEADER [ <replaceable class="parameter">boolean</replaceable> | <literal>match</literal> ]

but that just seems flat-out wrong.  If "match" is a keyword it should
be rendered like other keywords.  I'm not very interested in splitting
hairs about whether the grammar thinks it is a keyword --- it looks like
one to a user.  So I think

    HEADER [ <replaceable class="parameter">boolean</replaceable> | MATCH ]

would be a better solution.