Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Curtis Zinzilieta <curtisz@norchemlab.com> writes:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Er ... it *is* the other way around.  bi is blocks in (to the CPU),
>> bo is blocks out (from the CPU).

> Ummm.....
> [curtisz@labsoft T2]$ man vmstat
>        bi: Blocks sent to a block device (blocks/s).
>        bo: Blocks received from a block device (blocks/s).

You might want to have a word with your OS vendor.  My vmstat
man page says

   IO
       bi: Blocks received from a block device (blocks/s).
       bo: Blocks sent to a block device (blocks/s).

and certainly anyone who's been around a computer more than a week or
two knows which direction "in" and "out" are customarily seen from.

Сообщение: Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs
Сообщение: Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs