Re: [PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: [PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

[PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops  (Neto pr, )
 Re: [PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops  (Igor Neyman, )
  Re: [PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops  (Neto pr, )
   Re: [PERFORM] Explain Analyze - actual time in loops  (Tom Lane, )

Neto pr <> writes:
> After analyzing, I saw that in some places of the plan, it is being used
> Parallelism. Does this explain why the final value spent (in minutes) to go
> through the index (184 minutes) is greater than the total query time (66
> minutes)?

I was just about to ask you about that.  If this is under a Gather node,
I believe that the numbers include time expended in all processes.
So if you had three or more workers these results would make sense.