Re: BUG #17008: pg_dump doesn't dump a sequence with bigint type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17008: pg_dump doesn't dump a sequence with bigint type
Дата
Re: BUG #17008: pg_dump doesn't dump a sequence with bigint type  (Jaime Acevedo <jacevedo@we-techs.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2021-May-13, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> I'm using pg_dump to dump my database version 12.5 (RDS), pg_dump version
>> 12.6  but I have a the following table

> How did you get this table definition?

Indeed.  It seems unlikely to me that this is pg_dump's fault;
I think it's just reporting the way things are in the source
database.  If projects_historydata_id_seq is the wrong width,
that's probably because it was manually created that way and
then manually attached to projects_historydata.id.

> I suggest to run this:
>   ALTER SEQUENCE projects_historydata_id_seq OWNED BY public.projects_historydata.id
> and then things will work better.

This won't in itself fix the sequence's width; you'd need
to do some additional ALTERs if that's wrong.