Re: Creating languages with relative path to shared libraries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Creating languages with relative path to shared libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Oberpriller, Wade D." <oberpwd@nsc-msg01.network.com> writes:
> When I do a
>     createlang -L $MYDIR plpgsql template1
> It appears that MYDIR must be an absolute path to a directory containing
> plpgsql.so. I am wondering if there is any way to make it work with a
> relative path (like ../lib). I am trying to build a database on a
> development machine and then copy it on to a production machine. The paths
> where it is built are differenct than where it will reside and I am running
> into dynamic linking issues. Any ideas?

FWIW, this is solved in 7.2 by building a search path into the backend
itself.  createlang now enters the shlib path as just
    $libdir/plpgsql
so that the function definition isn't dependent on installation path.

May not help you much today though :-(