Re: installing 7.2b3 on IRIX 6.5.13

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: installing 7.2b3 on IRIX 6.5.13
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ redirected from pgsql-admin ]

Luis Amigo <lamigo@atc.unican.es> writes:
> When installing 7.2b3 we receive after gmake:
>         len = offsetof(PgStat_MsgTabpurge, m_tableid[msg.m_nentries])
> must have a constant value

Indeed, a quick look in the C spec says that offsetof is required to
have a constant value, so this coding is unportable.  I've repaired
it in CVS.  Thanks for the report!

It's not clear to me whether we should change template/irix5 or not.
It sounds like gcc is misinstalled on your machine, but that doesn't
necessarily mean that no one is using gcc successfully on IRIX, so
I don't want to force CC=cc.  Possibly this would make sense:

if test "$GCC" = yes ; then CFLAGS="-O2"
else CFLAGS="-n32 -O2 -r12000" LDFLAGS="-n32 -O2 -r12000"
fi

Comments anyone?

Сообщение: Re: WAS: [Fwd: PostgreSQL new commands proposal]
Сообщение: Re: WAS: [Fwd: PostgreSQL new commands proposal]