Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> ... Initially I saw an error in the logs about an IPv6 address
> error but after I recompiled everthing with a simple ./configure
> --prefix=/home/user/somethingelse/ I didn't get the IPv6 error in the
> logs anymore.

Hm.  Could it be an IPv6 issue --- that is, the stats collector is alive
and faithfully listening on some UDP port, but it's not the same port
the backends try to send to?  Given the discussion over the past couple
of days about bizarre interpretations of loopback addresses in
pg_hba.conf, I could sure believe there's some similar kind of issue for
the stats collector.