Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 23:50, Tom Lane wrote:
> Does 'ps' show that the stats collector and stats buffer postmaster
> child processes are alive?  Are there any suggestive complaints in
> the postmaster's log?

As Adam mentioned, I took a look at his system since the initial report
was about a problem with pg_autovacuum.  Anyway, Yes ps shows the two
stats collector related processes running, and no the log files don't
show anything helpful, however I didn't try to change any logging
settings.  Initially I saw an error in the logs about an IPv6 address
error but after I recompiled everthing with a simple ./configure
--prefix=/home/user/somethingelse/ I didn't get the IPv6 error in the
logs anymore.

Short answer is I have no idea why this is happening, and I didn't see
any obvious configuration problems that might cause this (make check
passed all tests).

Tom, Adam was able to give me a login to his machine, maybe he would do
the same for you.

Anyway, that is all I was able to see, hence the call for more help on
hackers :-)

Matthew