Re: Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster

От Phil Endecott
Тема Re: Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi Christoph,

Christoph Berg wrote:
> Am 10. Juli 2019 17:39:30 MESZ schrieb Phil Endecott <spam_from_pgsql_lists@chezphil.org>:
>>In particular, the Buster release notes mention an issue with
>>locales.  Is this something that I need to worry about even if I
>>keep PostgreSQL-9.6?
>
> Still affected.
>
>> How does this interact with my replication
>>setup?  Can I replicate (temporarily) to an machine that has been
>>upgraded to the new locales from one that hasn't?
>
> No.

OK, I have found this: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes
and your linked email.

Much of my data is just ASCII, or binary blobs, but I think I probably set
the locales to UTF8.  Hmmm.

I will probably have more questions, unless I just decide to not upgrade.
Is this the best place to ask?

Cheers, Phil.

От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster
Сообщение: Re: Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster