Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add infrastructure to support EphemeralNamedRelation references.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add infrastructure to support EphemeralNamedRelation references.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> My compiler, quite justifiedly, complains:
>> /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/backend/parser/parse_relation.c:2899:43: warning: comparison between pointer and
zerocharacter constant [-Wpointer-compare]
>> (list_nth(rte->coltypes, attnum - 1) != InvalidOid);

> Good catch.  Will push a change from list_nth() to list_nth_oid()
> for the benefit of stricter compilers.

If the problem is that the list is an OID list, then why didn't the
"Assert(IsPointerList(list))" in list_nth fire?  Either this is the
wrong fix, or this code has never been exercised (at least not in
an assert-enabled build).

rte->coltypes certainly ought to be an OID list, so I lean to the
inadequate-testing theory ...