Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yea, that would be neat.  But considering no one really totally supports
> CORBA yet, and we already have tons of working interfaces, perhaps we
> can consider it in the future, or were you thinking in the next 6-9
> months?

I'm not sure what Michael was thinking, but I was seeing this as a
long-term kind of project.  Maybe for the release after 6.5, or even
the one after that.  (Do we have any definite plans for future release
frequency?)

Even if the open-source ORBs are adequately up-to-speed today (which
sounded iffy), we need to learn about CORBA, or import some expertise
from somewhere, before we can do much.  This is unknown territory for
me, and evidently also for most of the pgsql crew.  I'd be inclined to
just play around for a few months and try to write a paper design.

It does sound like an idea worth pursuing, though.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA