Re: hex values

От Heiko Klein
Тема Re: hex values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

as far as I've found out, it doesn't.
Retrieving int data as hex I solved by this  plperl function:

CREATE FUNCTION int2hex(integer) RETURNS char(10)
    AS '$tmp = sprintf "%X", $_[0];
        return ("0x" . "0"x(4-length($tmp)) . $tmp);'
    LANGUAGE 'plperl';

This will give you allways 4 ciphers behind 0x. I didn't need it for
reading data, but at least, it should work about the same, i.e. if you have
several kinds of numbers, some dec, some hex, some oct, I would do
something like:

CREATE FUNCITON mynumber2int(char(10)) RETURNS integer
    AS 'return int($_[0]);'
    LANGUAGE 'plperl';

which simply uses perls internal conversion-mechanism.

I would also like postgres to include this behavior by default, at least
for the reading. But I haven't found out how.

Heiko