Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud wrote
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:30 PM legrand legrand
> <

> legrand_legrand@

> > wrote:
>>
>> maybe this patch (with a GUC)
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/

> 55E51C48.1060102@

>> would be enough for thoses actually using a text normalization function.
>
> The rest of thread raise quite a lot of concerns about the semantics,
> the cost and the correctness of this patch.  After 5 minutes checking,
> it wouldn't suits your need if you use custom functions, custom types,
> custom operators (say using intarray extension) or if your tables
> don't have columns in the same order in every environment.  And there
> are probably other caveats that I didn't see;

Yes I know,
It would have to be extended at less at functions, types, operators ...
names
and a guc pg_stat_statements.queryid_based= 'names' (default being 'oids')

and with a second guc ('fullyqualifed' ?)
sould include tables, functions, types, operators ... namespaces

let "users" specify their needs, we will see ;o)

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html