Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud wrote
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:18 PM legrand legrand
> <

> legrand_legrand@

> > wrote:
>>
>> On my personal point of view, I need to get the same Queryid between
>> (OLAP)
>> environments
>> to be able to compare Production, Pre-production, Qualif performances
>> (and I don't need Fully qualified relation names). Today to do that,
>> I'm using a custom extension computing the QueryId based on the
>> normalized
>> Query
>> text.
>
> IIUC, your need is to compare pgss (maybe other extensions) counters
> from different primary servers, for queries generated by the same
> application(s).  A naive workaround like exporting each environment
> counters (COPY SELECT 'production', * FROM pg_stat_statements TO
> '...'), importing all of them on a server and then comparing
> everything using the query text (which should be the same if the
> application is the same) instead of queryid wouldn't work?  Or even
> using foreign tables if exporting data is too troublesome. That's
> clearly not ideal, but that's an easy workaround which doesn't add any
> performance hit at runtime.

Thank you Julien for the workaround,
It is not easy to build "cross tables" in excel to join metrics per query
text ...
and I'm not ready to build a MD5(query) as many query could lead to the same
QueryId
I've been using SQL_IDs for ten years, and I have some (who say old) habits
:^)

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

Сообщение: Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text
Сообщение: Re: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text