Re: Dump/restore casts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dump/restore casts
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> writes:
> Le 05/12/2011 03:52 AM, Wells Oliver a �crit :
>> If I'm understanding things, pg_dump will not dump casts b/c they are system
>> objects and belong to neither schema nor database.

> It doesn't dump system casts because they are system objects, and so
> always available. But it does dump user casts.

Of course the trick is to tell which is which.  According to the pg_dump
code the current rule is

     * As per discussion we dump casts if one or more of the underlying
     * objects (the conversion function and the two data types) are not
     * builtin AND if all of the non-builtin objects are included in the dump.
     * Builtin meaning, the namespace name does not start with "pg_".

Possibly Oliver is falling foul of that rule somehow --- it's certainly
not perfect, especially in a partial dump scenario.