Re: restore whoes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: restore whoes
Дата
Re: restore whoes
Список pgsql-admin
> I just think forcing the escape of \r isn't reasonable.

It's not ideal, certainly, but I think it's preferable to continuing
to get burned every time a pg_dump file comes within hailing distance
of Windoze.  We've seen these complaints over and over, and we'll
continue to see them again and again until we do something to become
proof against the problem.  There is no solution that doesn't involve
some amount of backwards-incompatibility.  So let's bite the bullet and
do it.  We can offer a GUC switch to provide the old COPY IN behavior
for people who need it --- but given the shape of the world today, the
default behavior needs to be Microsoft-proof.