Re: Shared_buffers hint

От Marcelo Martins
Тема Re: Shared_buffers hint
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Rafael,

The result there means that the minimal should be 4.69Mb for shared_buffers
As a rule of thumb the shared buffers should be between 10% - 15% of available RAM that assuming such is a dedicated PG server.
I have worked on some servers where I set shared buffers lower than 10%,  it's really a matter of trying out what value works best for  you.

Marcelo
Linux/Solaris System Administrator