Re: Vaccuum/Analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vaccuum/Analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mel Jamero" <mel@gmanmi.tv> writes:
> i get these notices everytime i perform a vacuum:

> NOTICE:  RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow
> NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset
> NOTICE:  RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow
> NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset

> could anyone give me some insights please?

(a) these are not particularly dangerous

(b) you are running an obsolete Postgres version; those messages were
downgraded to DEBUG level in 7.2

(c) you have clients that are laying about holding open transactions,
which is not good for concurrency.

First recommendation is to update, second is to see if you can't fix
the clients so that their idle state isn't holding an open transaction.